Why Learn Languages at a Young Age?
Children's language programs are rapidly gaining in popularity as parents realize that teaching a second language to their kids helps enhance their cognitive development, resulting in better grades and higher test scores later in life. Parents are also drawn to increasing their children's cultural awareness to help them succeed in our multi-cultural society.
At Lango, we agree that kids in the US are in severe need of quality language programs. But more important than the developmental edges that kids acquire when learning another language, is the simple value of exposure to other ways of communicating, understanding and ultimately living.
Of course, learning a language is a lifelong endeavor. Learners who start early are most likely to gain benefits ranging from cross-functional cognitive development to accent-free pronunciation. And learners who start early and then stick with language acquisition throughout their lives through classes, interaction with native speakers at home and travel to other countries are sure to achieve fluency and to reap its many rewards.
Make Developmental Strides
At Lango, you can expect your child to grow developmentally and cognitively, including improved problem solving and critical thinking skills and enhanced creativity. Studying a foreign language over and extended period of time has been shown to accelerate cognitive development, resulting in higher grades later in life in math and English, and even in higher SAT scores.
Gain an Appreciation for Other Cultures
Our teachers bring their passion for other lands and peoples to their classes. Lango students learn about the richness of other cultures, typically increasing their interest in speaking their new language. Depending on which language classes they take, our students may learn about folk music from Argentina, Spanish games, food from France or Chinese dance.
Make New Friends in the Classroom
Our engaging, interactive classes are ideal places for kids to make new friends. Students who learn a new language also learn the importance of being inquisitive, open and understanding of others, and Lango classmates often become great friends.
Languages: Spanish - French - Mandarin Chinese - Hebrew for Children up to 11 years old
Serving the following Communities: Hollywood, Ft. Lauderdale, Coral Springs, Weston, Sunrise, Coconut Creek, Pompano Beach, Davie, Tamarac, Cooper City, Plantation, Deerfield, Pembroke Pines
Lango strives to deliver the highest quality language instruction to children at very affordable prices...
- For our once-a-week class programs, the cost for each 10-week session (10 classes) is $199 or $19.90 per week.
- For our twice-a-week class programs, the cost for each 10-week session (20 classes) is $299 or $29.90 per week.
- Hosted classes (once-a-week) are $149 per student and FREE for the host.
- There is an optional one-time Reinforcement materials fee of $45 per session.
- Enrollments after the start of the session will be accepted and the price will be prorated down until the fourth week of classes.
- Some school-based classes are offered at different prices.
- Private classes: $399 (1 child), $499 (2 children), $599 (3 children) per 10-week session